Storm Damaged Roof Repair
Of all the surfaces of your home, the roof takes the most damage from storms and natural weathering. Because of this, a general rule is to have your roof replaced when storm damage occurs. Storms create long-lasting effects that are not always readily noticeable. Even extreme sun and heat can cause cracking, so don’t assume that good weather means your roof is fine!
If you’ve lived 10 years or longer in your home, consider having an inspection on your roof. If you do need roof replacement, have your roof replaced by The Window Store!
Determining if You Have Roof Storm Damage
Your home’s roof is your first line of defense. A damaged roof can be a safety hazard as well as a continual expense that drains your pocketbook. From weakening the overall structure to a potential leak, the outcomes of roof damage are better avoided.
Here are a few signs of roof damage to look for following a storm or after a particularly intense rain or snow season:
- Your attic show signs of leaking or rotting/discoloration.
- You find shingles or metal pieces in your yard.
- Exhaust pipes, valleys, or outer edges of the roof appear shifted, missing, or broken.
- A tree has fallen against your house. (In this case, you may also need a tree-removal contractor.)
- Several branches have broken and fallen onto your roof. Or you heard something thump against your roof during a storm.
- If you can view the roof without climbing on it, observe if there are dimples or other abnormalities.
To check for these signs, make it a habit to walk around your house and conduct a self-inspection whenever a big storm hits. If you find anything amiss, seek professional roofing replacement services from The Window Store.
If You Discover Roof Storm Damages
Where there is roof damage due to a storm or weather effect, there may be other damages to your home. The only way to discover all of the necessary repairs is to receive a property inspection. When you hire The Window Store, we send an inspector at no extra charge to uncover every potential hazard and concern. The inspector will explain the damages and risks to you, as well as help you call it in to your insurance provider. We will even meet your insurance adjuster on your behalf to ensure that all necessary code repairs are included on the report.
The Window Store will then send a professional to restore your home’s surface integrity and curb appeal, from a minor repair to full replacement. If any additional repair needs arise during the reconstruction process, we will bill a supplemental charge to the insurance agency.
GAF Master Elite Certified
Because of GAF’s stringent standards, only 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite® contractors - and we are one of them! To become factory-certified as a GAF Master Elite® contractor, a roofing contractor needs to show that they are:
- Properly Licensed - Licensed by their state (or province) to perform roofing work*
- Adequately Insured for your protection
- Have a Proven Reputation for providing quality roofing services throughout the community
- Committed to Ongoing Professional Training to ensure quality installation
Quality Roofing Products
As a GAF Master Elite® certified installer, The Window Store is able to offer the Golden Pledge or the System Plus warranty from Weather Stopper for all roofing jobs. The product we use depends on your individual need, objectives, and budget. We’ll work with you to find the best fit!
You can be assured that our skilled specialists will work with you and your insurance company with integrity and efficiency. Whether you need roofing, siding, or window replacement, call a representative of The Window Store today at 612.353.5780.